Boss DD-200 Digital Delay Pedal
With the 200 series, BOSS introduces a new generation of pedals that pack advanced sound and versatility into a streamlined size that saves space on your board. Grab-and-go controls and multi-function switches make operation easy and intuitive, while onboard memories allow you to store multiple setups for instant recall. All 200 series pedals feature premium audio quality with 32-bit AD/DA, 32-bit internal processing, and 96 kHz sampling rate, as well as support for additional control via external switches, an expression pedal, or MIDI.
The DD-200 Digital Delay brings together sounds and features inherited from the flagship DD-500 into an even smaller footprint. Twelve different modes offer an inspiring variety of delay colors from modern digital to classic analog, letting you dial up everything from basic echoes to rich ambient pads and everything in-between. Theres also a looper thats always ready to use, plus a selectable carryover function for seamless transitions between memories.
The free Version 1.1 software update brings increased flexibility to the BOSS 200 series, greatly expanding the onboard memory capacity for storing and recalling sounds. There are now 128 user setups available. Setups can also be recalled directly via MIDI program change.
Twelve Modes, Unlimited Sounds
With 12 different modes to choose from, the DD-200 provides nearly any flavor of delay in an amazingly compact size. At your command are super-clean digital delays, gritty analog echoes, and spot-on retro sounds from the Roland RE-201 Space Echo and Binson Echorec 2. Theres also a variety of options for creating reverse effects, lo-fi tones, and pulsing rhythmic sounds with layered delays. And with the Tera Echo, Shimmer, and Pad Echo modes, immersive ambient colors are just a knob twist away.
Dial in Sounds Fast
The DD-200 features a no-nonsense interface, making it easy to craft inspiring sounds in the heat of the moment. Essential delay parameters are provided on dedicated controls for direct, hands-on access. And in each mode, the function of the PARAM knob changes to parameters tailored for the selected type, delivering extended control with no need to menu dive.
Save and Recall Your Favorite Setups
The DD-200 features 127 user memories plus a real-time panel setting, giving you 128 total setups to choose from. Any range of consecutive memories and the panel setting can be assigned for scrolling access from a footswitch. Its also possible to limit the scrolling range or assign memories directly for even faster recall. If you crave deeper control, setups can be directly recalled via program change messages from an external MIDI device. And by enabling the carryover function, delay repeats will keep sounding as you change memories for smooth, free-flowing transitions.
Deep Real-Time Control
By default, the DD-200s multi-function footswitches provide access to basic functions like bypass, memory scrolling, tap tempo, and looper control. But you can easily reassign them to hold, warp, and many other functions. External control is also possible via footswitches or an expression pedal, and MIDI I/O is even provided on space-saving mini TRS jacks. Via MIDI, youre able to chain multiple 200 series pedals and select memories on all of them at once, and also control a wide range of functions from MIDI devices like the ES-8 and ES-5 effects switchers.
Any time youre ready, pressing the DD-200s two footswitches together puts you into looper mode. Up to 60 seconds of mono recording time is available, and operation is simple and direct with the onboard switches. And since the looper engine functions independently, youre able to develop expressive loops with any of the DD-200s rich delay sounds.
DD-200 Delay Modes
- StandardClear digital delay. PARAM adjusts the delay attack.
- AnalogEmulates classic analog BBD delays like the BOSS DM series. PARAM controls character and distortion amount.
- TapeEmulates the warm tape-based sound of the legendary Roland RE-201 Space Echo. PARAM selects different combinations of three playback heads, and also adjusts the amount of distortion in the delay sound.
- DrumModels the drum-based Binson Echorec 2. PARAM selects different combinations of four playback heads, and also adjusts the amount of distortion in the delay sound.
- ShimmerPitch-shifted delay for lush, heavenly textures. PARAM adjusts the delay brightness.
- Tera EchoSpacious, animated ambience effect derived from the BOSS TE-2 pedal. PARAM adjusts the sound character.
- Pad EchoNewly developed delay sound for creating drifting ambient textures. PARAM adjusts the delay attack.
- PatternRhythmic sounds with 16 delay lines layered together. PARAM selects different pattern variations.
- Lo-FiDelay sound with fat, distorted character. PARAM adjusts the distortion effect.
- DualTwo different delay lines connected in series. PARAM adjusts the time of the second delay.
- ReverseBackwards delay for cool psychedelic effects and other unique tones. PARAM adjusts the delay attack.
- DuckingDelay with a built-in ducking effect. PARAM adjusts the input sensitivity.
|Sampling Frequency||96 kHz|
|AD/DA Conversion||32 bits|
|Processing||32-bit floating point|
STANDARD, ANALOG, TAPE, DRUM, SHIMMER, TERA ECHO,
PAD ECHO, PATTERN, LO-FI, DUAL, DUCKING, REVERSE
|Memory||127 + Manual|
|Nominal Input Level||INPUT A/MONO, B: -10 dBu|
|Maximum Input Level||INPUT A/MONO, B: +7 dBu|
|Input Impedance||INPUT A/MONO, B: 2 M ohm|
|Nominal Output Level||OUTPUT A/MONO, B: -10 dBu|
|Maximum Output Level||OUTPUT A/MONO, B: +7 dBu|
|Output Impedance||OUTPUT A/MONO, B: 1 k ohms|
|Recommended Load Impedance||OUTPUT A/MONO, B: 10 k ohms or greater|
|Controls||ON/OFF switch, MEMORY/TAP switch
MODE knob, TIME knob, FEEDBACK knob, E. LEVEL Knob, PARAM knob, TONE knob, MOD DEPTH knob
TAP DIVISION button, MEMORY button
|Display||7 segments, 3 characters (LED)|
|Indicator||TAP DIVISION indicator, MEMORY (MAN, 1–4) indicators|
|Connectors||INPUT (A/MONO, B) jacks, OUTPUT (A/MONO, B) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
CTL 1, 2/EXP jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
MIDI (IN, OUT) jacks: Stereo miniature phone type
DC IN jack
USB port: USB micro B-type (program update only)
|Power Supply||Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 3, AC adaptor (sold separately)|
|Current Draw||225 mA|
|Expected Battery Life Under Continuous Use||Alkaline: Approx. 4 Hours
* These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.
Leaflet “USING THE UNIT SAFELY”
Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 3
Rubber foot x 4
|Options (sold separately)||AC adaptor: PSA-S series
Dual footswitch: FS-6, FS-7
Expression pedal: FV-500H, FV-500L, EV-30, Roland EV-5
TRS/MIDI cable: BMIDI-5-35
|SIZE AND WEIGHT|
|Height (including rubber foot)||65 mm
1 lb 6 oz
|Weight (including battery)||680 g
1 lb 8 oz