The GIO series was developed for players who want Ibanez quality, but are working with a limited budget. Subject to many of the same rigorous inspection standards and warranty coverage as other Ibanez guitars, GIO guitars offer the best sound, style and playability of anything in their class.
This principled approach has not only put better guitars in the hands of new players-it’s been responsible for launching numerous new musical careers around the world.
The GRX40 features a poplar body fitted with a Maple GRX neck that features a Jatoba fretboard, medium frets and white dot inlays. The T-106 tremolo bridge is a simple but effective tremolo bridge for beginners. Electronics include three Infinity R pickups with a 5-way selector switch for a variety of tonal options, right at your fingertips.
Phat II EQ
Phat II active bass boost adds additional low-end power.
Jatoba has a reddish brown color which produces a rich mid range with a crisp high end.
The B10 bridge allows fully adjustable intonation and solid tuning stability.
- Neck type: GSR6 / Maple neck
- Top/back/body: Nyatoh body
- Fretboard: Jatoba / White dot inlay
- Fret: Medium frets
- Bridge: B16 bridge
- String space: 16.5mm
- Neck pickup: Dynamix H neck pickupPassive
- Bridge pickup: Dynamix H bridge pickupPassive
- Equaliser: Phat II EQ
- Factory tuning: 1C,2G,3D,4A,5E,6B
- String gauge: .032/.045/.065/.085/.105/.130
- Hardware color: Black
- Scale :: 864mm/34″
- a : Width: 54mm at NUT
- b : Width: 84mm at 22F
- c : Thickness: 21mm at 1F
- d : Thickness: 22mm at 12F
- Radius :: 400mmR