Boss JamStation JS-5
With the BOSS JS-5 JamStation, guitar and bass players can jam along to high-quality accompaniments, create new accompaniments, and even digitally record up to 32 minutes of their playing without any knowledge of MIDI sequencing or recording.
The Hottest Rhythm Section Around
The JS-5 is your ticket to playing with the hottest rhythm section in town. Through its unique Backing Generator, this compact tabletop machine creates full four-part accompanimentsperfect for guitar players who perform alone, or anyone just wanting to jam. And there’s no need to be an expert in MIDI sequencing; the JS-5 has 200 Preset songs ready to gojust tell it what chords to follow and the tempo you’d like, then start playing along. Individual parts can be muted for using the JS-5 as a preset drum machine with bass sounds, and up to 26 User chord progressions and 100 User songs may be stored in internal memory. Better still is its separate audio track, which can be used for recording an input source to be played back with one of the JS-5’s internal songs.
Simplified Audio Recording
Recording to the JS-5’s dedicated audio track is no different than recording to tapejust hit the Record button and start playing. This built-in audio track is great for recording up to 34 minutes* of vocals, guitar, or even CD’s, and until now, this feature was completely unheard of in a preset backing machine. A selectable input source ensures the JS-5 is properly matched to the type of instrument connected to its inputbe it a microphone, line-level source or guitar. Even more amazing is the JS-5’s ability to automatically sync audio recordings to any of its onboard songs through the use of a Timestretch function. This time-saving feature makes it possible to create full accompaniments, complete with digital audio, in a matter of minutes.
Helpful EZ Compose Feature
Creating arrangements in the JS-5 is simple, thanks to a new EZ Compose feature. By pressing the EZ button, users can select styles and chords through an interactive system that eliminates hidden menusjust cursor to the item to be modified and use the Value dial. With EZ Compose, guitarists can create and jam along to great-sounding backing accompaniments quicker than most bands can do a live sound check.
*Optional 32MB SmartMedia card required to expand JS-5’s recording time to 34 minutes.
- Maximum Polyphony: 32 voices
- Instruments (including Bass): 128
- Drum Kits: 16
- Effects: Reverb, Chorus, Insert Effects (40 types)
- Preset Style: 200 x 8 (Forms)
- User Style: maximum 20 x 8 (Forms) *1
- (Form: Intro, Verse 1, Fill 1, Verse 2, Fill 2, Break 1, Break 2, ending)
- Preset Songs: 200
- User Songs: maximum 100 *1 *2
- Card Songs: maximum 100 *1 *2
- Song Length: Maximum 999 measures for song *1
- (This figure may vary depending on the size of the Styles, and the number of chords and Forms used.)
- Resolution: Per quarter note: 96
- Tempo: Quarter note: 20 to 260
- Data Input Method: Realtime / Step
- Available Recording Time on Audio Track:
- Internal Memory:
- 1 minute, 58 seconds (Long recording mode)
- 1 minute, 35 seconds (Hi-Fi recording mode)
- Memory Card (SmartMedia):
- 32 Mbytes – 34 minutes, 2 seconds (Long recording mode)
- 32 Mbytes – 27 minutes, 14 seconds (Hi-Fi recording mode)
- 64 Mbytes – 68 minutes, 9 seconds (Long recording mode)
- 64 Mbytes – 54 minutes, 31 seconds (Hi-Fi recording mode)
- * The above times are the total recording times for all songs. If you record for an extended time on one song, the recording time available for the other songs will decrease, and in some cases recording may not be possible.
- * The available recording time is the maximum recording time available in the internal memory and memory card. This figure may be smaller depending on the memory used for recording User (or Card) Songs and any data backed up to the memory card.
- Recording Input Jack
- Output Jacks (L (MONO), R )
- Headphone Jack (stereo miniture phone type)
- Foot Switch Jack
- MIDI Connectors (IN, OUT)
- AC Adaptor Jack (AC 14 V)
- Power Supply: AC 14 V (AC Adaptor)
- Current Draw: 650 mA
- Accessories: AC Adaptor (BRC Series)
- Foot Switch: FS-5U
- Foot Switch Cable: PCS-31 (Roland)
- (1/4 inches Phone Plug (stereo) – 1/4 inches Phone Plug (mono) x 2)
- Width: 269 mm (10-5/8 inches)
- Depth: 176 mm (6-15/16 inches)
- Height: 63 mm (2-1/2 inches)
- Weight: 1.1 kg (2 lbs. 7 oz.)