Neumann Mics in Oman: TLM 102 STUDIO SET
We developed the TLM 102 as an universal talent for vocal and instrumental recordings. Its finely tuned sound signature especially accents the area of 8 to 12 kilohertz which is crucial for human voices. The recordings get a silky elegance which is typical for large diaphragm microphones the voice gets a noble presence in the overall mix. Suddenly, theres a natural, organic separation between your vocal and your acoustic guitar, for example. Nevertheless, the TLM 102 remains easy to handle and deals masterfully with critical consonants or sibilants: It has an integrated pop shield.
High Volume? No Problem at All.
The TLM102 also processes extreme volume and jumps in dynamics without distortion. That makes it an excellent choice for miking loud amps and drums. Our baby reproduces sound pressure levels of up to 144 dB (e.g. very loud trumpet at a distance of 10 cm) with great clarity: open, detailed, with powerful bass and refined treble.
Talking About the Price
The TLM 102 stands for legendary sound at an unheard of price. We remodeled the production and omitted rarely used functions (such as pattern, pad, and low cut switches). When you hear the TLM 102, youll immediately notice what we did not omit: the Neumann sound, which remains faithful to its big role models.
TLM: Clear Sound, Powerful Bass
Our TLM series works with a transformerless output stage. This means: a clean and direct sound, very close to the acoustic source, and a powerful bass transmission all the way down to the lowest frequencies. Its transformerless output stage also makes the microphone resistant to electromagnetic fields and minimizes transmission losses.
- Vocal recordings in your home studio
- Miscellaneous instrumental recordings, even with loud signal sources, such as amps, drums and wind instruments
- Singer/Songwriter: great separation between acoustic guitar and vocal
- Easy to position, even in tight spaces
- Acoustical operating principle: Pressure gradient transducer
- Directional pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency range: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz into 1 kohm: 11 mV/Pa
- Rated impedance: 50 ohms
- Rated load impedance: 1 kohms
- Equivalent noise level, CCIR1): 21 dB
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted1): 12 dB-A
- Signal-to-noise ratio, CCIR1) (rel. 94 dB SPL): 73 dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio, A-weighted1) (rel. 94 dB SPL): 82 dB
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%2): 144 dB
- Maximum output voltage: 13 dBu
- Supply voltage (P48, IEC 61938): 48 V ± 4 V
- Current consumption (P48, IEC 61938): 3.5 mA
- Matching connector: XLR3F
- Weight: approx. 210 g
- Diameter: 52 mm
- Length: 116 mm