Don’t kill that mouse—give it a companion.
Although a keyboard and mouse are tried-and-true DAW-control devices, they’re far more effective when used in tandem with the FaderPort™ 8’s precise tactile control over mix and automation functions. With 8 touch-sensitive, motorized, 100 mm faders and 65 buttons covering 78 different functions, you can quickly zoom in on audio files for editing, adjust your click-track tempo with a simple tap, modify plug-in parameters, manage aux mixes—and, of course, control track levels with the touch of a finger. With the FaderPort 8, you’ll enjoy the fastest, most efficient workflow you’ve ever experienced.
Work faster and smarter.
Rather than forcing you to revise your mixing method, the FaderPort 8 augments the way you currently mix. You still use your faithful keyboard and mouse for things they do well, and the FaderPort 8 handles the features you want to get your fingers on, allowing you to customize your workflow. Large, illuminated buttons make finding the function you need quick and easy. Eight digital scribble strips provide visual feedback. And if you select a track with your mouse, the FaderPort 8 will follow your selection, giving you yet another way to get to the function you need, right when you need it. This is DAW control the way you always hoped it could be!
One-button access to key functions.
The FaderPort 8’s unique Session Navigator provides easy access to eight mission-critical functions for maximum flexibility. Use the large encoder button and companion buttons to edit and mix with greater efficiency and speed. Scroll through your timeline, using the encoder, or work measure by measure with the arrow buttons; zoom in and out on the timeline with the encoder and make your tracks larger or smaller with the arrow buttons; navigate and drop markers; and maintain constant control of your main level. Once you start using the Session Navigator, you’ll wonder how you mixed without it.
Universal compatibility. Integrated with Ableton Live.
While compatible with most third-party software, FaderPort 8 offers deeper integration with Ableton Live (version 10.1.5 and later). Navigate clips and scenes, change track volume and panning, and switch between Session and Arranger views, the FaderPort 8 will help you work faster than ever. Even better: any FaderPort 8 purchased after January 18, 2020 gets a free copy of Ableton Live Lite dropped in your My.PreSonus account.
FaderPort 8’s streamlined workflow and support for the Mackie Control and HUI protocols also make it fast and easy to control Logic Pro X, Cubase, Pro Tools, and more. No driver installation is necessary; just plug the control surface into a USB port and take command of your mix.
Built for Studio One.
The optimized mode for PreSonus Studio One will revolutionize your workflow in PreSonus’ award-winning DAW (Studio One Artist included). Use the Session Navigator to quickly move and nudge events in the Arranger window. The unique Link function allows you to instantly control any parameter beneath your mouse with the large encoder. Control link lets you customize your function buttons and much more. You’ll be amazed at how much faster you can work..
An amazingly fast, efficient studio workflow awaits you!
With the compact, easy-to-use FaderPort 8, you’ll enjoy the fastest, most efficient workflow you’ve ever experienced. But don’t just take our word for it; visit your favorite PreSonus dealer and try the FaderPort 8 for yourself!
Computer system requirements:
Below are the minimum computer-system requirements for the FaderPort 8:
- macOS 10.13 or higher (64-bit only)
- Intel Core i3 or better
- Windows 10 (64-bit only)
- Intel Core i3 / AMD A10 or better recommended
Windows and Mac Systems
- FaderPort 8 firmware 1.0.1 or later (requires Universal Control v.1.8.3 or later)
- USB 2.0 port
- Internet connection required for driver and bundled software installation
- Universal Control v.1.8.3 or later (for firmware updates)
Input / Output
- 1 USB 2.0 port
- 1 Footswitch jack for hands-free stop/start
- 8 100 mm long-throw, touch-sensitive, motorized faders
- Dual-servo motorized drive belt system for fast and quiet operation
- Ultra-smooth feel and lightning fast
- Heavy-duty construction
- Resolution: 10-bit, 1,024 steps
Buttons and Knobs
- General Controls: Undo/Redo, Arm All, Solo/Mute Clear, Timecode, Track Management, Click On/Off, 4 programmable User buttons, 8 Function buttons, Macro, Parameter Link, Bypass Plug-ins
- Channel Controls: Level, Pan, Solo, Mute, Select, Rec Arm
- Automation Controls: Touch, Latch, Trim, Write, Read, Off
- Optional Fader Functionality: Plug-in Edit, Bus Sends, Pan
- Window View: Mix, Project, Transport, Undo
- Transport: Play, Stop, Fast Forward, Rewind, Record, Loop, Return to Zero (Functionality varies slightly depending on the DAW.)
- Navigation: Track Scroll, Channel Banking, Timeline Scroll, Horizontal Zoom, Vertical Zoom, Drop Marker, Next/Prev Marker, Next/Prev Event, Nudge
- Console Management: Show/Hide: Audio Tracks, Inputs, MIDI Tracks, Buses, Outputs, VCAs, FX; Show All
- Displays: 8 digital scribble strip displays, timecode display, channel meters
- 12 VDC, 2A external power supply
- Height: 2.25″ (57.2 mm)
- Depth: 11.85″ (301 mm)
- Width: 13.15″ (334 mm)
- Weight: 5 lbs. (2.3 kg)