Shure has designed the MX424 to treat spoken audio with the detail and respect it deserves. The MX-424 provides clarity that commands attention, with maximum length to accommodate deep tables and expansive work surfaces.
The Shure Microflex MX424 microphones are miniature gooseneck-mounted electret condenser microphones designed primarily for speech and vocal pickup. They can be mounted on lecterns, pulpits, or conference tables. All models include a preamplifier and are available with interchangeable cartridges.
- Wide dynamic range and frequency response for accurate sound reproduction
- Interchangeable cartridges that provide an optimal polar pattern choice for each application
- Shock mount provides over 20 dB of isolation from surface vibration noise
- Snap-fit foam windscreen reduces breath noise or plosives
- CommShield RF filtering reduces interference from nearby mobile devices
HOW IT WORKS
The MX424 allows articulate speech capture to be placed precisely where you need it. Its 24-inch gooseneck provides maximum reach in situations where the microphone is located farther from the talker. Compatibility with interchangeable Microflex cartridges allows a choice of polar patterns to match coverage areas or acoustic conditions.
In tune with speech
Microflex microphone cartridges are tailored specifically to capture the human voice, so the talker always comes through clearly.
No installation headaches
The included mounting accessories make the MX424 easy to install on a table, podium, or lectern in any space.
Shure Commshield is built into Microflex to reject RF interference from ever-present smart phones, keeping the focus on the performance.
QUALITY THAT’S IN THE DETAILS
24-inch dual-flex gooseneck for maximum reach and easy adjustment 3-pin male XLR connector Mounts on table, lectern, podium or similar surface with included mounting flange Included shock mount reduces vibration noise Interchangeable cartridges ensure detailed audio in any environment Snap-fit foam windscreen keeps breath noise and plosives from being a distraction.
- Type: Electret Condenser
- Frequency Response: 50-17000 Hz
- Polar Pattern: MX412/C, MX418/C, MX424/CCardioid, MX412/S, MX418/S, MX424/SSupercardioid
- Output Impedance: 180 Ω
- Output Configuration: Active Balanced
- Sensitivity: @ 1 kHz, open circuit voltage, -35 dBV/Pa(18 mV), -34 dBV/Pa(21 mV)
- Maximum SPL: 1 kHz at 1% THD, 1 kΩ load
- Self Noise: Cardioid – 28 dB SPL, Supercardioid – 27 dB SPL
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: Ref. 94 dB SPL at 1 kHz, Cardioid – 66 dB, Supercardioid- 68 dB
- Dynamic Range: 1 kΩ load, @ 1 kHz, 96 dB
- Common Mode Rejection: 10 Hz to 100 kHz, 45 dB, minimum
- Clipping Level: at 1% THD, -6 dBV (0.5 V)
- Polarity: Positive sound pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 relative to pin 3 of output XLR connector
- Mute Switch: MX412S/MX418S, -50 dB minimum