Shure SM57-LCE-X Cardioid dynamic instrument microphone offers clean reproduction of amplified and acoustic instruments. Features include contoured frequency response for rich vocal pickup, background noise reduction, and a pneumatic shock mount system.
The Shure SM57 unidirectional dynamic microphone is exceptional for musical instrument pickup or for vocals. With its bright, clean sound and carefully contoured presence rise, the SM57 is ideal for live sound reinforcement and recording. It has an extremely effective cardioid pickup pattern which isolates the main sound source while minimizing background noise. In the studio, it is excellent for recording drums, guitar, and woodwinds. For musical instruments or vocals, the SM57 is a consistent choice of professional performers.
HOW IT WORKS
More than able to reproduce tone, the SM57 is also uniquely designed to deal with high-pressure sound that explodes from instruments and amplifiers. So you can turn it up without distortion drowning out the show. Your music deserves all the loud it can get.
Made for the stage
The contoured frequency response makes it simple to engineer clean audio for a live sound mix.
Handles the pressure
Hard knocks are just part of the show sometimes, and the SM57 is built to take them on. A hit from a high kick or a flying drumstick can’t shut it down.
Only the loud you want
With a uniform cardioid pattern and a pneumatic shock mount system, you get a whole lot of tone without the handling or background noise.
General Rules for Use
- Aim the microphone toward the desired sound source (such as the talker, singer, or instrument) and away from unwanted sources.
- Place the microphone as close as practical to the desired sound source.
- Work close to the microphone for extra bass response.
- Use only one microphone to pick up a single sound source.
- Use the fewest number of microphones as practical.
- Keep the distance between microphones at least three times the distance from each microphone to its source.
- Place microphones as far as possible from reflective surfaces.
- Add a windscreen when using the microphone outdoors.
- Avoid excessive handling to minimize pickup of mechanical noise and vibration.
- Do not cover any part of the microphone grille with your hand, as this will adversely affect microphone performance.
- Type: Dynamic (moving coil)
- Frequency Response: 40 to 15,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Output Impedance: 300 Ω
- Sensitivity: @ 1 kHz, open circuit voltage, -56.0 dBV/Pa  (1.6 mV)
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3
- Net Weight: 0.284 kg (0.625 lbs)
- Connector: Three-pin professional audio (XLR), male
- Housing: Dark gray, enamel-painted, die-cast steel with a polycarbonate grille and a stainless steel screen.
|Kit configuration||Kick: KD-2
Hi-hat control pedal: Half-open stroke detectable
Tom: PDX-6A x 3
Drum stand: MDS-COMPACT
|Drum kits||50 (Preset: over 20)|
|Effect Types||Pad Equalizer: each pad
Overhead Mic Simulator
Multi-Effects: 1 system, 30 types
|Coach functions (5 modes)||Time check (easy)
Time check (hard)
Rhythm type (5 types)
Sounds (15 types)
|Bluetooth||Supported standards: Bluetooth Ver 4.2
Supported profile: A2DP (Audio), GATT (MIDI over Bluetooth Low Energy)
Codec: SBC (Support to the content protection of the SCMS-T method)
|Display||16 characters x 2 lines LCD (with backlight)|
|Connectors||OUTPUT/PHONES jack: Stereo miniature phone type
MIX IN jack: Stereo miniature phone type
USB COMPUTER port: USB B type
TRIGGER INPUT connector: DB-25 type (Kick, Snare, Tom 1, Tom 2, Tom 3, Hi-hat, Crash 1, Crash 2, Ride, Hi-hat control)
|USB COMPUTER||Speed: Hi-speed USB
Driver mode: Generic, Vender
Protocol: USB MIDI, USB Audio
|USB Audio||Sampling Rate (original): 44.1 kHz
Sampling Rate (with sampling rate converter): 96 kHz, 48 kHz
Record: 2 channels
Playback: 2 channels
|Power supply||AC adaptor (DC 12 V)|
|Current draw||250 mA|
Leaflet “USING THE UNIT SAFELY”
Special connection cable
|Options (sold separately)||Additional crash cymbal (Crash2): CY-5, MDY-Standard
Personal drum monitor: PM series
V-Drums accessory package: DAP-3X
V-Drums mat: TDM series
Noise eater: NE series
|SIZE & WEIGHT|
|Dimensions||1,200 (W) x 1,100 (D) x 1,200 (H) mm
47-1/4 (W) x 43-5/16 (D) x 47-1/4 (H) inches
(including sound module, kick pad, kick pedal and drum throne)
|Weight||18.0 kg / 39 lbs 11 oz|