Vocal microphone provides warm, accurate sound. It features high SPL capability and controlled low-frequency roll-off to compensate for proximity effect. Provides low susceptibility to RFI and a shock-mount system to absorb shocks and handling noise.
Give your singing the spotlight.
- Smooth frequency response with gradual presence rise
- Highly consistent supercardioid polar pattern provides superior gain-before-feedback
- Electronic low-frequency roll-off compensates for proximity effect
- Wide dynamic range (117 dB) and low distortion characteristics
- Very low susceptibility to RFI and electromagnetic hum
- Advanced cartridge shock-mount system absorbs mechanical shocks and reduces handling noise
- Built-in pop filter reduces undesirable wind and breath sounds
- Legendary Shure quality and reliability
WHAT IS THE BETA 87A BEST SUITED TO?
The Shure Beta 87A is a premium quality supercardioid hand-held condenser vocal microphone with exceptionally smooth frequency response and high sound pressure level capability. It is ideal for a professional lead or backing vocalist either on stage, for live recording or in the studio.
WHAT ARE THE CHARACTERISTICS OF THE BETA 87A?
The Beta 87A features a controlled low-frequency roll-off that compensates for proximity effect and prevents the “boomy” sound often associated with close pick-up. The tailored frequency responce with its presence rise , brightens the upper midrange and helps the vocals cut through the mix. The tight supercardioid pattern provides maximum isolation from other vocalists or instruments while offering minimal off-axis coloration. It operates on phantom power.
HOW IT WORKS
One of the worlds best-selling, single-element, condenser mic, the BETA 87A puts singers on a pedestal. Tailored frequency response concentrates on the upper midrange to raise vocal presence in the mix. So voices cut through clearly and resonate deeply with your audience.
WHY ITS BETTER
Set your singing apart
The supercardioid pattern provides maximum isolation of your voice, giving you the chance to shine.
Get right up on the mic without overwhelming the sound. Electronically controlled low-end roll-off keeps your bass from blasting over the mix.
The advanced cartridge shock-mount system lets you handle the mic a little harder while absorbing any mechanical noise.